On October 21, 2021, the long-awaited Sony A7 IV full-frame mirrorless camera was unveiled. Fans of the brand have been expecting this camera for a long time, as Sony has lagged behind competitive models for a long time. Nikon z6 ii and Canon R6. And finally the answer came out.
What amazes the novelty? By and large, there is nothing amazing, but there are the following parameters:
- 33MP back-illuminated full-frame sensor
- RAW photography up to 10 fps
- matrix stabilization up to 5.5 steps
- full-frame 4K video up to 30fps, 4K 60fps in 1.5 crop (Super35 mode)
- 10-bit video 4: 2: 2 with H265 codec
- S-Cineton video profile
- 3.69M dot viewfinder, 1.01M dot screen
- 2 CF Express Type A / SD UHS-II card slots
- Bluetooth connection (unbelievable!)
- Autofocus on the eyes of people, animals and birds
Overall, we have a standard set of features for modern full-frame cameras with an adequate $ 2500 price tag. Sales start in December 2021.
On a number of characteristics, the new product from Sony is inferior to the older model. Canon R6, which writes 4K 60fps video without cropping, and takes pictures at a speed of 20fps versus 10fps from Sony.
A classic of the genre from Sony is to provide expensive cameras with a very mediocre display with low brightness and resolution. The absence of an additional top screen is also familiar to the cameras of this brand, as a classically disgusting ergonomics. But, as they say, It's a Sony - that's enough for someone.